A one-component, highly qualified, acrylic based firestop sealant that provides movement capability in fire rated joint applications. It will transform into foam above 200°C. It is almost odor free and is not corrosive towards metals. After applications, it forms a tough plastic elastic rubber by evaporation of water from the sealant.
- 4 Hours fire rating
- Smoke, fume and water resistant
- Easy clean up with water
Especially for indoor joints where high demands are to be met as a fire resistant seal:
- Joints in fire retardant constructions in buildings, houses and ships.
- Perimeter pointing around door & window frames, concrete & brickwork.
- Joints between walls and ceilings.
- Joints around pipe and cable work.
- Joint dimensions do have effect on the fire retarding properties. The deeper the joints are sealed the better the fire retarding properties.
- In general, the product will show good adhesion without a primer on building materials like concrete, brickwork, painted wood, anodised aluminium and uPVC.