Polycarbonate Solid Sheet is a clear, transparent glazing material which provides 200 times more impact resistance than glass at only half the weight.
Polycarbonate Solid Sheets showcase the transparency of glass at less than half the weight, combined with unmatched strength. The solid sheets can be cold bent, fabricated and formed, making it ideal for applications such as barrel vault roofing, skylights, architectural roofing. They are also ideal for application in machine guards and sound barriers.
- High Impact Resistance, virtually unbreakable – 30 times impact resistance of glass
- High Clarity and light transmission
- Weather and UV resistant, 50µ UV layer, blocks UV radiation
- Wide service temperature range
- Good acoustical insulation
- Light weight- Half weight of general glass
- Easy to handle and install
- Versatile, formable and machinable
- Tough structure – Impact resistance in 30 times as much as common glasses.
- Stability – 50 micron meter coating can effectively protect it from ultraviolet rays to avoid aging.
- Thermoformed and fabricated items
- Glazing in public buildings
- Acoustic barriers
- Signboards and illuminated signitures
- Safety glazing
Polycarbonate & Glass Sheets’ Weight Comparison Table