Z Section purlins that act as secondary support for roofing sheets and composite panels are used in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. The purlins are accurately roll formed from high strength zinc coated steel and provide an efficient, light weight, economical solution for roofing & cladding. Z Section purlins are available in different sizes, ranging from 142 to 302 mm deep.
Purlins are used in building which are two or more bays long and are made continuous using “Purlin sleeves”. Sleeves should be of the same section as the purlins, but used in reverse for joining.
All holes are normally 18mm diameter for M16 Bolts.
Secondary support & Girts
- Hot Dip galvanized steel thickness 1.5 to 3.0mm roll formed purlins conforming to ASTM A 653 Standards
- Grade “D” (SS 340)
- Zinc coated to G 90 (275 gm/m2)
Z Purlins’ – Models
- H (Height): 100-400
- A (Upper flange width): 50-100
- B (Lower flange width): 50-100
- C1 (Upper lip width): 15-30
- C2 (Lower lip width): 15-30
- T (Thickness): 1.00-4.00
- Design of Purlins is based on AISI code
- Minimum Specified Yield Stress (fy) = 345 Mpa
- Loads are assumed to be uniformly distributed
- Allowable loads are applicable for 2 or more bays
- Sag rods are located at equal distances